Dream Catcher Restaurant and Bar, Baga Beach, Goa, India

       
           In my last post, I mentioned about the shacks on Baga beach. As this was my first trip to Goa without my family, I had total liberty to eat at the restaurant of my choice. The number of shacks on the beach has increased manifold from the last time I visited this place. Thus choosing a place to eat was a tough task ( Although it is said "the more the merrier" , but it often puts you in a dilemma about what to choose).
"Appearances can be deceiving" was the line that had encrypted my brain. In those hours of the day, when all your neurons are excited and every cell of your body demands only one thing and that is FOOD , I was wandering on the beach trying to make a decision of where to eat.

          Out of randomness or whatever you call it, I approached a guy on the beach who was selling some stuff and asked him a certainly practical, economical, logical, ethical (and many more adjectives to it) question, "Which shack has the best food to offer without burning a hole in my pocket?"
Astonishingly yet politely and being brutally honest that guy answered " Try Dream Catcher". He added "It is a bit far as in,  you'll have to walk for 3-4 minutes may be, but it is good".
One hell of an advise.I had to buy it!
          
           So here's a review of Dream Catcher Bar & Restaurant, Baga Beach, Goa, India.

Mr.Diego and Tyson 
Owner : Mr. Diego. He's an extremely polite person and has a sound knowledge about food (he is a good cook himself). Honest and friendly, he'll advise you on what to eat and also about the quantity.

The place : Humble and tidy , the restaurant is well maintained and doesn't showcase any luxurious artifacts or extraordinary furniture. It is a very simple place, as it is said beauty lies in simplicity.



Leisure and Music : There are wonderful old Goan songs as well as many 70s and 80s numbers from Bollywood as well as Hollywood being played in the background at a range just suitable for the human ears. They provide umbrella beds as well as full body massages at fairly reasonable prices.

Hygiene: The kitchen as well as the restaurant is clean and hygienic. Fresh animal as well as vegetable produce is used.



Facilities : Free WiFi, clean washrooms, changing room, DJ(in the evening).


Goan style Calamari with fresh vegetable salad
Food : The restaurant has something to satisfy each one's taste buds. From Indian to Continental, Chinese, Italian to Authentic Goan cuisine, the restaurant has it all. Below are pictures of the items I ordered. All of them tasted just wonderful leaving me a confession to make that the Calamari I tasted here is by far the best Calamari I've ever tasted. The prices are customer-friendly (trust me).


Liquor : A variety of cocktails, mocktails as well as hard and soft drinks and milkshakes as well are available.



Personal response : It is said "If character is the foundation upon which everything else is built, it endures". Character is one of the most important qualities for success. This is what is appealing about this place. The owner and staff members are sincere and considerate. And for me, that's what matters more than glamour.

 P.S. : In my stay of five days, I visited this restaurant twice. This statement says it all. Period!

Goan style prawns soup
Chicken pasta made in red sauce with added herbs
                                   

Prawns fried rice
Chicken lasagna
                                     
Fish burger with fresh Tartar sauce and American french fries

                                                         

5 comments:

Powered by Blogger.